Founded in 1993, Associated Building Supply Inc. has amassed over three decades of business success by advocating customer, employee, and vendor fairness! The ABSi Fairness Doctrine is the single most essential element behind our business growth, sales health, and longevity. As testimony, since our inception, we have successfully supplied in excess of five hundred million dollars of quality Windows & Doors to Builders, Architects, and Homeowners! Our commitment to our customer comprises of not only the superior products we supply, but encompasses the value-added intangibles we tender: Fairness, Integrity, Post-Sale Support, Project Management, Solution Based Consultation, and Customer Satisfaction.
SATISFACTION: Customer Testimonials
"I have worked with Rich Mathieu and ABS for a few years now from the time I supervised projects under a GC, and continue now Contracting on my own. As a contractor, I require quick and competitive pricing from a supplier who has a true knowledge of their product to which Rich has always exceeded my expectations. In addition, Rich has delivered on time, every time, which is rare in this industry. Rich and his team at ABS are my 'go to guys' when it comes to sash and door. Thank you ABS!" JLS Construction. Please visit our testimonials page.
RELIABILITY: Better Business Bureau Member
BBB Accreditation is an honor; for nearly a century, your BBB has set and upheld high standards for fair and honest business behavior. Not every company is eligible for BBB Accreditation, so be proud of what your company offers our marketplace. You've earned it! "BBB would like to thank Associated Building Supply Inc. for maintaining another year of BBB Accreditation. It is businesses like yours that strengthen the community. Thank you for furthering our mission of creating an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers can trust each other. A+ Rating
STABILITY: Financial Security
We understand limiting liability while increasing financial security is paramount when choosing a company to conduct business with. ABSi continues on a National level to be recognized for Industry leading growth and business ethics year after year proving business resoluteness. Associated Building Supply Inc. has a Dunn & Bradstreet Low Risk Paydex Score of 80+, carries ample liability insurance via Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, and amassed a long list of satisfied customers while earning multiple National awards for extraordinary business achievements.
- 2023 Construction Today recognizes ABSi "Fair is Fair"
- 2023 ABSi honored with Better Business Bureau Accreditation, Again!
- 2023 ABSI earns Best oh Houzz Service Award
- 2023 DWM Magazine Ranks ABSi 4th in Nation
- 2023 LBM Journal Ranks ABSi 85th in Nation
- 2022 Top Window & Door Dealer #4 in Nation – DWM Magazine
- 2022 Top Window & Door Dealer #15 in Nation Building Material Companies – DWM Magazine
- 2022 LBM TOP 100 Building Material Window Door Specialist #79 – LBM Magazine
- 2022 Best of Houzz Customer Service
- 2021 Best of Houzz Customer Service
- 2021 Top Window & Door Dealer #8 in Nation - DWM Magazine
- 2021 LBM TOP 100 Building Material Window Door Specialist #81 – LBM Magazine
- 2020 Pro sales 100 Ranked #93 in the Nation amongst all National LBM companies and ranks #7 in the Nation by sales per employee
- 2019 Top Dealer Windows & Doors #5 Nationally – DWM Magazine
- 2018 Fastest Growing Private Companies Nationally - INC 5000 Magazine
- 2018 TOP 50 Fastest Growing Companies & Editor’s Choice Award - Pacific Coast Business Times Magazine
- 2014 National Dealer of the Year "Leadership in the Professional Market" - Window & Door Magazine
- 2010 National Dealer of the Year "Innovative Thinking" - Window & Door Magazine
- More achievements on our website in ABSi News
- We encourage you to contact any of our vendor partners to request an ABSi reference. In addition, for references, see ABSi Testimonials and reviews on Houzz
HUMANTY: ABSi Associations & Charities
- Ventura County Rescue Mission
- Mercy Crusade Spay & Neuter Clinic
- Ventura College Veterans Promise
- We are an AIA Affiliate Member of: AIA chapters of San Francisco, San Mateo, East Bay, Santa Clara Valley, Santa Barbara, San Diego. And ARA Better Business Bureau, Dunn & Bradstreet
EQUALITY: The ABSi Fairness Doctrine
Core Values are those beliefs that are not negotiable, central to the conduct of all corporate operations and the basis from which all decisions are validated. The single most important core value within this organization is our Fairness Doctrine: In the conduct of all our practices one requirement exists: If it is fair to both parties, it is correct.
- We must treat our customers with respect and consideration and they must in turn, reciprocate.
- We must treat our employees with respect and consideration and they must in turn, reciprocate.
- We must treat our vendors with respect and consideration and they must in turn, reciprocate.
Fairness invariably leads to respect, courtesy and consideration between the parties. From this basic tenet, lasting relationships will thrive.
CAPABILITY: Customer Experience
ASBi has multiple California locations with the ability to serve Builders & Architects statewide as well as out of state. In addition to California, we are now serving Utah, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada. Our mission on every opportunity is to be your fenestration expert which requires product (brand) mastery, a keen understanding of construction processes and application, architectural specifications, and final design. Our sales staff consist of the brightest and most skilled in the industry validated regularly by our esteemed vendor partners. Our salespeople take ownership in the customer relationship, become allies, focus on consultative product solutions based on needs, and are credible with extensive experience selling high-end window & door products to Homeowners, Builders, and Architects. Should you feel we need to improve or have a best practice to share, please drop management a line.
PROFICIENCY: ABSi Sales Consultants
We take pride in being product experts of select brands which meet stringent performance and quality selection criteria. The manufacturers we represent value our brand loyalty and reciprocate by offering ABSi exceptional sales and service support which we in turn pass on to our customer. Our Sales Consultants conduct business fairly using a consultative sales approach which is non combative and requires mutually beneficial participation by all parties. Simply, we work hard to earn the trust of the Architect, Builder, and Homeowner by assessing needs, wants, and desires first. We then respectively present the best product solutions to achieve aesthetics, design elements, code, construction requirements, and budget. We dont close the sale, the sale closes itself.
DEPENDABILITY: Service Support
As a byproduct of our consistent success and high level performance our core vendors provide an extraordinary high level of customer service with a touch of gratitude. Strategically this enhances our ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction both pre and post-sale. ABSi has encouraged some of our vendors to implement proactive jobsite inspections and homeowner education visits after the product has been installed. This ensures the Builder and Homeowner the product is installed and operating correctly as intended. After consulting the homeowner on product operation and maintenance a service packet is given to the homeowner consisting of a service contact directory, product identification by room location, and copy of warranties. The builder receives a jobsite inspection shortly after product installation to proactively confirm all product is in good working order. All of our other products are backed by the best customer support and service programs categorically in the industry.
ORIGINALITY: Innovative Products
We have a diversified product portfolio consisting of product collections designed to meet most every budget while not compromising on quality. The ABSi Product Portfolio (PDF) addresses both residential & commercial project solutions via our ABSi Wood Clad Collection, ABSi Premium Custom Wood Collection, ABSi Steel Collection, ABSi Architectural Aluminum Collection, and ABSi Fiberglass & Vinyl Collection. From quality vinyl windows and doors, to high-end aluminum clad wood windows with multiple wood species, hardware finishes, and exterior color choices, Associated Building Supply has the product for you. Our high-quality door products offer a wide selection of Lift-N-Slide, Multi-Slide, Bi-Fold, Pivot, and specialty entry doors systems.
Protect your investment! The two most common service calls for wood windows are wood rot and glass failure. For ABSi, reliability for real life is important. Our products are underwritten by the best warranties in the industry with some being transferable. In terms of application, we offer a variety of product solutions for various exposures to include sea coast hardware and kynar exterior finishes, water management sill drainage systems, coastal hardware, ADA products, door & window automation systems, window limiting control devices, latest glass technologies, etc.